Nostalgia is a powerful tool for every developer. You still have to design a good slot for online slot sites to keep an audience. However, few ways are better to attract new players than to appeal to a show they used to love. Blueprint has taken this approach with their 2016 game, titled Top Cat. It is based on a cartoon with the same name, which saw frequent reruns! Join the cat gang for a session full of misadventure and big wins! Just be careful of Officer Dibble, or your fun will end early.
We cannot say that the graphics are mind-blowing. This release takes a more relaxed approach to visuals than other titles by the same developer. Instead, the artists worked hard to recreate the atmosphere of watching the cartoon. On that front, they succeeded spectacularly! The background image is the same back alley we have seen a thousand times over by now. We see the bustling city out in the distance, but it is far away from the humble trash can we usually find Top Cat in.
Top Cat Slot Features
- RTP: 92,48%
- Betting Range: £0.20 – £500.00
- Max Win: £250,000.00
- Similar Slots: The Goonies, Starburst, John Hunter and the Book of Tut
How it Works in Top Cat online slot
You play this online slot on a five-reel board with twenty fixed paylines. To win, collect three or more identical symbol in adjacent positions. All winning combinations start with the leftmost reel, and must follow an active payline in order to grant a prize. Using the control panel, you can spin the reels, set up Auto Play, open the paytable and change your total bet. You can wager between £0.20 and £500.00 on each spin.
Icons are a mixture of playing card royals and characters from the show. The letters and numbers are colourful and easily recognizable. However, they take a back seat compared to members of the gang! Spook, Fancy-Fancy, Brain and Choo Choo can all be found on the playing field as regular symbols. The most valuable icon of them all is Top Cat, who appears super stacked. A plate of eaten fish is a Wild, while the entire gang hanging out is the Scatter symbol.
Top Cat’s Bonus Rounds
While playing, there is a chance Top Cat appears from the trashcan. When that happens, he will speak with one member of the gang, activating one of the following special features.
- Choo’s Piano Wilds: Random icons are transformed into Wilds.
- Brain’s Water Wilds: Each reel has a chance to turn completely Wild.
- Spook’s Mice as Nice: Each time TC blows his whistle, mice rearrange the symbols to form a winning combination. This continues until officer Dibble appears.
- Benny’s Colossal TVs: A number of TVs land on the reels. They will then reveal a mystery icon at random.
On the fifth reel, a special Hot Dog Wild can land which covers all three reel positions. If the Hot Dog lands fully in view on reel three, a re-spin is played. The cart is moved one position to the left after each re-spin until it reaches the first reel.
On top of that, land three Scatters on the first, third and fifth reel to activate one of five bonuses.
- Cash Picker: A garbage truck drives up, dropping a number of bins on the screen. Pick a bin to reveal multipliers hidden within. The bonus ends when you open a bin to find Dibble inside.
- Maharaja Heist: This is a two-stage special feature. In the first, you pick a member of the gang to help you sneak up into the hotel. They can either advance by certain positions, or come across a collect which ends the bonus. If you manage to sneak inside, you play the Big Money special feature. Dice throws allow you to move across the board, picking up bet multipliers, while Dibble gives chase. When he catches you, the special feature ends.
- Construction Site Free Spins: The goal of this bonus is to score as many wins while collecting TC stickers. The more stickers you collect, the higher you climb. Each level you get to awards additional Wilds.
- Diner Free Spins: An unlimited number of free spins are played, during which diner tickets fall away when a special Scatter lands on reel five. This causes the chef to change the plate of food. As you climb up the ladder, the free spins multiplier increases. The bonus ends when all tickets have fallen down.
- Dibble Free Spins: A special Wild is active on all five reels during this special feature. The Wild roams the reels, assuming a different position on each spin. When two Wilds collide, they turn the entire reel Wild.
Really, the only complaint we have is this game’s RTP being too low. Everything else about it has completely charmed Labslots! The graphics, the characters and the gameplay all come together to create something fantastic. With a shot at a £250.00 jackpot, it is hard to say no to this Blueprint release. Top Cat is on of Blueprints best jackpot slot games.