Launched in 2010, Thunderstruck II is a sequel to the popular 2003 release. Once again, we return to the world of Norse mythology, where Vikings, Valkyries and Valhalla all exist! In the realm of Odin, only the worthy may ascend! How does one prove themselves worthy? By playing the game, of course! Each time you enter the Hall of Spins, you gain new blessings by the various Norse deities. It is up to you to turn these blessings into big wins!
Despite its age, the slot holds up quite nicely. If you are used to modern titles, it will not blow your mind. However, the symbol designs still look quite cool, as do their animations. Many older online slots will have choppy animations. Fortunately, that is not a concern for this Microgaming release! The awesome soundtrack that plays as you spin the reels further enhances the experience. One element we are not huge fans of is the background image. Credit where it is due, it looks good even though it is just cracked, grey-blue stone. However, it feels a little too unimaginative for our liking. We know this developer can do much better, so we hold them to a higher standard. Now let’s delve deeper into this new Labslots review.
Thunderstruck II Slot Features
- RTP: 96,65%
- Betting Range: £0.30 – £30.00
- Max Win: £243,000.00
- Similar Slots: Immortal Romance, Divine Showdown, Riders of the Storm
How it Works
This slot is played on a five-reel board with 243 ways to win. Individual paylines have been phased out of the picture for this game. Instead, wins are formed when you match three or more identical icons next to one another. As long as every winning combination starts with the leftmost reel, all prizes will be awarded without issues. Microgaming seem to have recently gone back and upgraded the way the control panel looks. It is now a sleeker design, which we really like! Using the buttons beneath the reel, you can set your bet, check how much money you have, set up Auto Play and spin the reels. Off to the side, you can click the buttons to open settings and the paytable. You can wager between £0.30 and £30.00.
Symbol designs are a mixture of playing card royals, as well as gods and various items from Norse mythology. Viking ships, the golden city of Valhalla, the Valkyrie and three Norse Gods all await worthy warriors! Next to them, the playing card royals looks fairly out of place. Credit where it is due, the developers did make the letters and numbers fit the theme as best they could. This release uses its own logo as a Wild, while Thor’s hammer is used as a bonus activation icon and Scatter.
Thunderstruck II Bonus Rounds
Whenever a Wild appears on the reels, it will substitute for other symbols to help create a win. The only exception to this is the Scatter, which cannot be replaced. Whenever a Wild assists in completing a winning combination, the prize awarded is doubled! Every so often, the Wildstorm bonus triggers, which can turn up to five reels Wild! Free spins cannot be activated during this bonus.
Find at least three Scatters to activate the free spins bonus. There are four different free spins special features available in Thunderstruck II! Which ones you can play is determined by how many times you have entered the Great Hall of Spins, or rather, how many times you triggered the free spins bonus.
- Valkyrie: Immediately available, you play ten free spins with a 5x multiplier active. This free spins bonus can be retriggered.
- Loki: Fifteen extra turns are played with the Wild Magic special feature. Wild Magic will randomly transform nearby symbols into extra Wilds! Landing two or more Scatters earns you extra free spins. This bonus is available after the fifth trigger of the free spins.
- Odin: Twenty extra turns with the Wild Raven special feature active are played. Odin’s Ravens will randomly add multipliers to the symbols on the reel. These multipliers can be either 2x and 3x, and can be combined! However, your maximum multiplier is capped to 6x. Odin’s free spins are available after the tenth free spin activation.
- Thor: You are granted twenty-five extra turns with Rolling Reels active. Each consecutive win can increase your multiplier, up to a maximum of 5x.
Looking back at this slot, we can clearly see the ideas that Immortal Romance would later borrow for itself. It leaves us in a rather awkward position as reviewers, because Immortal Romance is basically the same as Thunderstruck II, just better in every way. If you want to experience a piece of history that can still create fantastic wins, this game is great! Otherwise, we suggest playing Immortal Romance. Check out our list of slot sites to see where you can try it out!