Launched in 2018, Age of the Gods: Mighty Midas tells the cautionary tale of careless wishes and greed. This ancient king of legend wished for everything he touched to turn into gold, and has his wish granted. He could turn roses, twigs and even stones into the glimmering, valuable material! He was overjoyed with this power. That is, until he sat down to eat, and had his food and wine turn into gold, too. Midas may not have been able to control his powers, but his riches remain. If you can keep greed from clouding your mind, you may take home fantastic prizes playing this online slot.
Graphics look cool, especially the background image. We were expecting a big room full of gold, so Playtech’s approach pleasantly surprised us. The background depicts a beautiful, open room, with sunlight filtering in through the windows. The developers went easier on the animations this time around. The ones you can see are usually reserved for the playing field, and even then, they are rare. The software provider opted for the same approach they used in God of Storms, with highlighted winning combinations. While we would like to see more animations, we do not mind Playtech’s current approach. The strength of this series was always in its gameplay and progressive jackpots.
Age of the Gods Mighty Midas Slot Features
- RTP: 96,34%
- Betting Range: £0.40 – £2,000.00
- Max Win: Progressive Jackpot
- Similar Slots: Book of Dead, Gold King, Midas Gold
How it Works in Online Slot Age of the Gods Mighty Midas
Play Age of the Gods Mighty Midas on a five-reel board with 40 fixed paylines. You form wins by collect three or more matching symbols next to one another. All winning combinations must follow one of the currently active paylines in order to pay their prize. The control panel is the same one Playtech used in the rest of the series. Using it, you can change your bet, look at the paytable, set up Autoplay, spin and use turbo mode. Players can adjust their wagers between £0.40 and £2,000.00 on every round.
Icon designs in Age of the Gods Mighty Midas are all relevant to the myth of Midas, which we from Labslots really like. The grapes, goblet, apple, rose and food are all things he transformed into gold when he got his power. You also have Age of the Gods Mighty Midas characters relevant to the tale, like his daughter and the satyr that granted his wish. Midas is the most valuable icon, so keep an eye out for him! A golden background with the word Wild on it is the Wild symbol. The Scatter is a lovely rainbow colour, with each colour representing a different free spins bonus.
Midas Touch icons in Age of the Gods Mighty Midas can appear on the last three reels. The symbol is that of a hand pointing left. The icon it is pointing to will transform into a golden Wild. If Midas Touch points to a Wild, it becomes a Wild with a 2x multiplier. The Wild multiplier is capped at 3x.
You need to find the Scatter on the first and fifth reel to win free spins. The Scatter is spun, and the colour it lands on determines what bonus you unlock.
- Emerald: The Scatter on the first reel reveals a cash prize, while the Scatter on reel five grants a multiplier. The multiplier is then applied to the cash prize, awarding a win.
- Amber: You get five free spins. During this bonus, all instances of one symbol are replaced with a golden Wild on each free spin.
- Amethyst: Players receive three free spins. Midas Touch icons appear two icons high for the duration of this special feature.
- Ruby: Punters get seven free spins. Whenever a golden Wild appears on the board, it becomes a multiplier Wild. The multiplier is determined by choosing the multiplier that appears on the bottom of the tower. That multiplier disappears from the tower, leaving a new multiplier for the next Wild. If a Midas Touch points to an existing multiplier Wild, the multipliers are added together. You cannot have a Wild multiplier higher than 30x.
- Sapphire: You receive five free spins. Golden Wilds appear stacked on the three middle reels. This does not guarantee they will appear, but increases the chances of it happening significantly.
Finally, you can win one of four Age of the Gods Mighty Midas progressive jackpots by collecting three matching coins during the Jackpot bonus. What jackpot you win is determined by the colour of the coins.
Age of the Gods Mighty Midas Slot: The Verdict & RTP
Age of the Gods: Mighty Midas combined a cool theme and a diverse special feature to create an awesome slot. That said, it is rather easy to see how the Ruby bonus easily outshines all the others. We enjoyed playing it on one of our selected online slot sites, but it will be intimidating to newer players due to the vast number of bonuses. Everything else is top-notch quality: as we expect from a developer of Playtech’s calibre including an RTP of 96.34%.